FUNCRUSHER is a cluster of dedicated servers in both New Jersey and The Netherlands that hosts servers for classic Doom source ports.
How to get a server password
If you have not signed up before, you will need to follow all of the steps below:
- Sign up for an account.
- Check your e-mail for a verification e-mail. Click the link it sends you.
- Click on the Server Passwords link at the top of the page.
- Click "Request Access" by every server you want access to.
- Wait for an admin to approve your access.
- Once you've been approved, the password will appear on the Server Passwords page.
After you've followed all those steps once, you're done! If the password ever changes, all you have to do is check the Server Passwords page again; the new password will be posted there.
How to report latency
If you suspect the server is lagging, I can file a ticket to have Linode check up on what's going on. However, you can help me out by doing the following:
- Download wftrace.exe
wftrace.exeand put either
nl.funcrusherplus.netin the command line, then click Start
- Let the command run until you start seeing nothing but asterisks being returned, then click Abort
- Copypaste the results to a pastebin of some sort. I suggest pastie.org, but any will do.
- Send the paste, plus the approximate time that you experienced the latency and your time zone, to AlexMax.